Satis-factions Elite Home Graphics Computers Software

The EPA is the best place to provide information on Real Estate hazards.  Its Web sites are excellent and comprehensive. The Web site address is Following are other organizations to contact for specific information that supplements what the EPA offers.

National Service Center for Environmental Publications (NSCEP)

Box 42419
Cincinnati, OH 45242
(800) 490-9198

U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)

(800) 638-2772

Indoor Air Quality Information Clearinghouse (IAQ INFOR)

PO Box 37133
Washington, DC 20013-7133

U.S. Environmental Protection Agency

Ariel Rios Building
1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, DC 20460
(202) 272-0167

National Lead Information Center

(800) 424-LEAD (5323)

National Pesticides Information Center

(800) 858-PEST (7378)

RCRA Online

Safe Drinking Water Hotline

(800) 426-4791

U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development

EPA Indoor Air Quality—Links to Other Agencies

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

The Schnapf Environmental Law Center

Although private, provides simple explanations of many environmental issues


State and local health departments normally have information about certified testers and contractors. State phone numbers can be found in the last few pages of "Protect Your Family from Lead in Your Home." HUD's "Lead Listing" provides monthly updates of trained and approved lead inspectors, risk assessors, and abatement contractors. Additional sources include:

National Lead Information Center

(800) 424-LEAD

Office of Healthy Homes and Lead Hazard Control

U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development

451 Seventh Street SW, B-133

Washington, DC 20410


National Radon Hotline: 800-767-RADON (800-767-7236)—Automated number; callers can order a brochure on radon.

National Radon Helpline: 800-55-RADON (800-557-2366)—Allows consumers to speak with a specialist.

National Radon Fix-it Line: 800-644-6999—Provides guidance to consumers to take necessary steps towards fixing their homes.

National Hispanic Indoor Air Quality Hotline: 800-528-3187—Bilingual (Spanish/English) information about indoor air pollutants found in homes, offices, and schools.

The Centers for Disease Control offer detailed information about radon health issues. The CDC can be reached by phone at (888) 422-8737, by e-mail at, or on the Web here.

Use the EPA State Expert Locator Web page to locate the nearest radon expert in your region:

Mitigation Standards endorsed by the EPA and ASTM are available at

National Radon Safety Board:

National Environmental Health Association: